ECU Remapping can deliver up to 35% MORE POWER & up to 15% BETTER FUEL ECONOMY.
Modern cars are very rarely fully optimised for power or economy when they leave the factory. This is because manufacturers tune them to suit every market the vehicle is sold taking into consideration variances in fuel and air quality, altitude, temperature etc. They also de-tune some engines to allow a sell-up path to more expensive models with higher outputs even though the engine is identical – BMW and VW do this a lot. By optimising the settings in your car’s computer through ECU Remapping we can safely access the extra power and economy that is available. This will make your driving experience more enjoyable and save you money at the same time.
Turbocharged petrol and diesel engines both respond well to remapping and can deliver up to 35% increase in power and up to 15% improvement in fuel economy. Normally aspirated petrol engines can be remapped too but the gains are generally marginal, this is especially true with the smaller engines and we don’t usually recommend having it done.
We have partnered with one of the world’s most respected tuning companies – Quantum Tuning – to bring you a market leading product and because we know our customers are busy people we can deliver our service from our workshop in Cradley Heath while you wait, or, lend you a courtesy car (subject to availability). The process takes between 1 and 3 hours depending on the type of ECU.
All of our remaps have been developed using the latest technology by technicians with decades of tuning experience between them and have been verified on a rolling road and data logging. We don’t quote unrealistic, unsubstantiated figures that look better than the competition just to win your business. The gains our ECU Remapping can achieve are realistic and take into consideration how the vehicle will drive, how it will be used, your requirement, it’s age and mileage. Fundamentally, the safety of engine components is our first consideration. All of our staff are IMI Certified Remapping Technicians.
We have invested a significant amount of money into ensuring the equipment we use is all correctly licenced, original tools and includes Alientech KessV2 and Ktag along with Flashtec CMD. This gives us access to the widest range of vehicles. We have dealer level diagnostic equipment for pre and post remapping checks and an expensive Gysflash battery stabiliser to maintain the correct battery voltage with up to 100amp support – this is critical for remapping.
All of our files have been developed by expert technicians and can be biased toward power, economy or something in between.
Our BLUE ECU Remapping Service is the option we recommend to most customers. It gives a great balance between power and fuel economy. If driven carefully fantastic fuel savings can be made and if you want to have a bit of fun the power is there for that too.
Our GREEN ECU Remapping Service is focussed on achieving the best fuel savings possible. You still end up with more power and torque but it is positioned to improve fuel economy.
Our RED ECU Remapping Service is all about raw power. This will extract the most power safely available with little consideration given to economy.
Click here for a copy of our free remapping guide, it explains what you should look for when choosing a remapping company.
For pricing click here.
NB – Reflections Detailing will not carry out or support EGR or DPF removal. It is illegal to drive a car on public roads that has had the DPF removed or part of the emissions system tampered with. Whilst other businesses are comfortable doing this we won’t do it from a moral perspective.
Trade & Fleet
If you run a garage or car sales business and would like to be able to offer ECU Remapping to your customer with absolutely no outlay or risk call Richard on 0800 0433055 and ask about our trade scheme.
The potential for fuel savings across a fleet of vehicles is significant and can pay for itself in a matter of months.
We can set up a 30 day trial on one typical vehicle in your fleet to measure the benefit to your organisation. If you don’t wish to proceed at the end of the trial we will put the vehicle back to standard settings, refund the fee and thank you for the opportunity to work with you. There really is no risk to you.
We offer a mobile service and can carry out our work anywhere in the UK where there are multiple vehicles in one location.
We offer discounted fleet rates.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of ECU Remapping?
- It will save you money and pay for itself in as little as a year.
- Up to 35% more power and sharper throttle response improving your enjoyment of your car.
- 8% – 15% better fuel economy and lower CO2 emissions saving you money and protecting the environment – Turbo Diesel cars only. Petrol engined cars will not see any fuel saving.
- It is a fully reversible process should you decide to put the car back to standard.
- Completely safe process.
- 30-day money back guarantee makes the process risk free – if you aren’t delighted with your remap we’ll put it back to factory settings and refund you in full.
How long does ECU Remapping take?
- We always allow 1-2 hours to go through the complete process. For bench tuning, we need the car for half a day.
Will ECU Remapping damage my engine?
- No, the improvements we make keep the car well within safe limits of its capabilities. We don’t do anything that will overstress a car that is in good condition. Cars with known defects should not be remapped until the faults have been fixed.
Do I have to tell my insurance company?
- Yes, as with all modifications you should always inform your insurer. It is a widely accepted modification and a lot of insurance companies either charge nothing or have a set fee they charge.
Will ECU Remapping invalidate my warranty?
- Some manufacturers are able to tell if your car has been remapped simply by plugging it into their diagnostic machine. Where a dealer finds this they will generally invalidate some aspects of your warranty. This is where our 12 Month Mechanical Breakdown Warranty steps in.
How do we guarantee our service?
- Every ECU Remap is supported by a 30-day money back guarantee. If you are not completely delighted with your car after it has been remapped we will return it to standard and refund your money in full.
- The software is guaranteed for as long as you own the vehicle so if the remap is overwritten, during a service, for example, we will restore it free of charge.
- Our service is supported by an optional 12-month Mechanical Breakdown Warranty for your peace of mind. Terms and conditions apply.
Do we carry out DPF Removal as part of our service?
- Put simply, no we don’t. Whilst DPF removal isn’t currently an offence it is illegal to use a vehicle with the DPF removed on a public road and the Government are looking at ways of checking for DPF removal during MOT. This is likely to come into force sometime in 2017. At the moment the test is limited to a visual inspection but planned changes are likely to go beyond this. If you are caught driving a car with its DPF removed you are at risk of a £1000 fine.
Do we use a rolling road?
- No. Tuners that have rolling roads will charge you an additional fee to carry out before and after runs showing the improvements the file they apply has made, and that’s all they do. They very rarely tune the vehicle live on the dyno. This is a very specialised market aimed at heavily modified and race vehicles and the costs are significant. We don’t believe a rolling road adds value to the service we provide since outright numbers aren’t our primary concern. The way you car drives, how it feels and how reliable it is are far more important factors.
What am I waiting for?
- Nothing! You can feel the benefits of our ECU Remapping service completely risk-free thanks to our 30-day money back guarantee. Call us free on 0800 0433055 and find out what we could do for you.